Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This Week's Box - June 12th

So we're getting:
* Red cabbage
* Kohlrabi
* broccoli
* kale
* radish
* squash
* fresh/green onions (instead of beets)
* fresh/green garlic (instead of beets)

There is a grand total of 4 recipes on foodtv.com for kohlrabi. And I've never cooked with fresh onions/garlic or the kale, so we'll be trying lots of new stuff.

I love olive gardens' zuppa toscana soup, so I've actually ordered some italian sausage (and the fresh onions & garlic scapes....before I knew they were switching out the beets - wanted to check out the scapes) in anticipation of getting my hands on some kale. Now I just have to find a yummy sounding recipe....

I'm actually kind of glad that we won't be getting beets this week. Probably too many new things to wrap my head around.

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE broccoli just steamed and dipped in a little mayo (I might sprinkle a little salt & pepper on the mayo) as a side. I'm not sure where that came from...must be a Japanese American thing or something cuz no one else I know besides JA people eat veggies this way (tomatoes, steamed green beans, cauliflower, artichokes, etc.)

No comments: